Friday, April 3, 2015

Arrow - Season 3 Episode 18 - Public Enemy (SPOILERS)

Episode overview courtesy of wikipedia.

During the attack against the mayor, Ray is also shot in the chest and taken to the hospital. As Captain Lance issues an arrest warrant for the Arrow and his team, with shoot to kill orders in effect. Realizing Maseo is the assassin, Oliver uses Nyssa to track his location. Ra's shows and again warns Oliver that not accepting the offer will continue to bring death. The police arrive and Oliver and his team barely escape. To push Oliver to accept the offer, Ra's kidnaps Captain Lance and reveals Oliver's true identity as the Arrow. With this knowledge, Captain Lance announces this revelation in a public address. With his back to a wall, Oliver decides to turn himself in to the police. In order to save Oliver, Roy dresses as the Arrow, stops Oliver's transport van and gives himself up to the police, insisting that he has been the Arrow all along. In flashbacks, Oliver thinks he has found Shado, but it turns out to be her twin sister Mei. A.R.G.U.S. agents come after them, but Maseo and Tatsu arrive to rescue them. Afterward, Oliver tells Mei what happened to her sister and father.


OK.  So I've been a fan of this show since the beginning.  I always had a fascination with Robin Hood as so naturally liked the character of Green Arrow as a kid.  Even though I thought they could have done A LOT worse with how he came across in SMALLVILLE, I didn't realize how much of a bad-ass they could make him until the writers and Stephen Amell took over the character.

That being said... even though I LOVE this show, and overall this was a good episode and I'll continue to watch... I DO have a few thoughts.

#1)  How many people really need to know that Oliver is The Arrow in order to move the story along?  Obviously Captain Lance is one of the last people this is revealed to, but now he's gone on the news and told EVERYONE?!?!  I understand the need for certain people to know, and especially members of your own team.  Ex: Diggle, Roy(Arsenal), Laurel, (and that blond twit which I will talk about shortly.) but really... normally heroes have their real identities kept secret in the story line because it puts EVERYONE in danger.  I will admit, I'm curious how the writers are going to continue this now that the cat is out of the bag. (We're shown that Roy tries to take the blame to take the heat off Oliver, but still.... should be interesting.



#2)  OK, here is my rant for this post.  Everyone buckled up?? good.  WTF is with Felicity?!?!  They took a character who started out really funny, really cool, and honestly a little bad-ass in her geeky way... (us geeks are known for putting our feet in our mouths and yet still doing awesome tech shit that makes us look like super geniuses) and they turned her into a mopy, whiny twit who basically wouldn't understand that Oliver just wanted to keep her safe (ESPECIALLY after she was almost killed on their 1st date).  But nooo, as soon as "pretty boy Palmer" shows up, BUYS Oliver's company out from under him, she gets all wet for him and goes after him.. even AFTER she finds out he is basically doing the same exact thing Oliver is.  If any ting, Ray is more of a dick because he has no problem being with Felicity even though he knows it might get her killed.  At least Oliver is looking out for her well-being and denying himself.  PLUS she goes to work for Palmer?!?!  NICE LOYALTY there blondie !!.  She just pisses me off.  My fiancee and I agree that shes become the most annoying character on the show and she won't even watch it anymore because of her.  I will stick with it.... for now.




OK.  I think that's good for my 1st post for now.  I will see you all soon.  :-)

BTW... NO!! I haven't seen TWD finale yet.  Gonna watch it in next few days probably... don't ruin it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment