Thursday, April 9, 2015

Next Issue - an App Review

Every once in a while I like to gaze at the magazine covers while waiting in line at Fry's (supermarket).  They're really only a few magazines I look at.  People, if there's an issue of Men's Health I might see what the cover articles are, sometimes Popular Mechanics is there.  Even though I love reading books. (Especially since I discovered epubs on my IOS devices) I will pick up and read almost anything.  I'm one of those people that if I'm on the toilet and stuff isn't happening right away, I'll pick up something to read if it's there just to pass the time... even if it's the back of the shampoo bottle.  I used to keep magazines in the restroom for this very reason.

Like I just said, I've been using my IOS devices a lot more for reading latley.  I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini and I LOVE them both.  :-)  Yes, I'm an apple fanboy but thats besides the point.  I was getting annoyed at the fact I wanted to read a few different magazines but they are sooo friggin expensive.  Even if you subscribe, a lot of times you're not saving much off the cover price.  Then I discovered this app called "Next Issue"

So here's the deal.  They have apps for IOS, Windows Phone, and Android.  Right now they have like 115 magazines and adding more all the time.  It's $14.99 a month (plus tax) and you can download unlimited magazines to your device.  PLUS it has back issues also which I think is really cool.  The issues stay on your device as long as you want until you decide to delete them.  Even then, if you want you can go back and re-download them again.

Honest opinion, I can't really say anything bad about this app so far.  I've been using it about 4 months now and really happy.  For 15 bucks and change I can get all the issues of the magazines I normally read. PLUS I've found out the e-version of the magazines have a lot more content, plus built in links to go to YouTube videos of the related content.  Plus you can go to the website and look at the catalog of magazines they have.   https://www.nextissue.com/


When you consider People Magazine is like 4.50 per issue at least, multiple that by 4 because you have 4 weeks per month... that's $18.00 just for a month of that 1 magazine.  I would say definitley worth it to try the app.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.nextissue.com/

"Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment