Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Phoenix ComiCon 2015


This will be the first year I'm actually going to Phoenix ComiCon.  My fiancee went last year and said she had a blast.  We both were incredibly lucky enough to score tickets to San Diego ComiCon International back in 2013 and it was AMAZING.. especially considering it was the first "Con" either of us had ever been to.  Needless to say, I'm looking forward to attending my 2nd one up in Phoenix.

When we went to SDCC back in 2013, I got to meet and take pictures with people I never thought I would see.  I'm a huge fan of 80's movies so I was thrilled when I got to talk with Martin Kove (The Cobra Kai sensei from the original Karate Kid).  I also got to meet Taimak who is the Martial Artist and actor who played Bruce Leroy in "The Last Dragon"  Also I got to meet Yaya Han who is a TOTALLY awesome cosplayer who makes all her own outfits.

Some of the panels we'll probably check out are ones about cosplay because that's something we are both wanting to get more into.  As it gets closer and they start adding more panels to the schedule of events, I'm sure we'll find others.  Also, I love just walking around and seeing the creativity people have. 

I DO know that already a couple of people I would love to get photo ops with are David Morrissey who played The Govenor in "The Walking Dead" as well as Lou Ferrigno who played the Hulk in the 70's TV show "The Incredible Hulk"  This is a TV show I grew up watching with my family.


Needless to say, I'm totally sicked about this and I'm sure I'll have other people I want to get photo ops with and things to see.  After the Con I'll be sure to post an update on the blog to let you all know how it was with plenty of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment